Founded in 1985 as one of the first University Womens Rugby Clubs in Scotland, we are proud to look back on over thirty years of promoting women in sport. Our members have come from countries all over the world and have varied in experience from capped players to girls who took up rugby at university.
St Andrews Women’s Rugby is a tight-knit community and our vibrant alumni network reflects the life-long bonds formed in the club. Having grown to over fifty members this year, we consistently field a strong team in the Scottish A1 league.
Saints WRFC welcomes players from any background and ability, please send us an email if you would like more information!
1985: St Andrews Women’s Rugby Founding Team
First Women’s Club Constitution
- The title of the Club shall be the University of St Andrews Women’s Rugby Club.
- The objects of the club will be to provide interest in Rugby, to improve members’ play by coaching, to organise facilities for team practice and to arrange matches with other teams.
- Members of the club shall be open to all matriculated women students of the University of St Andrews.
- The club shall be managed by a committee elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- This will consist of a Captain, Treasurer and Secretary.
- The Annual General Meeting of the club shall be held at the end of the Candlemas Term each year.
- The Club will abide by the rules of the Athletic Union.
Monday 20:30 – 22:00, Friday 20:00-21:30.
Conditioning Session: Friday mornings 7:30-8:30 in the sports arena.